Morning skincare routine

04 July 2014

 


Obviously I use products depending on how my skin is that day but this is my basic morning cleansing routine that I use on most days. I have done one previously but my skincare has vastly changed so I thought an update was due...
 
Before I begin my post I wanted to discuss my skin, I'm 21 years old, I have very dehydrated skin (I do drink water! maybe not enough I guess) my skin is dry mainly on my forehead and nose, and gets flaky on my forehead. on the rest of my face I would say normal to dry. And I get breakouts, they disappear then come back then disappear again..
 
Cleanser
If my skin looks a bit rough or still have a little bit of makeup residue and I think it needs a bit of clean I use purity cleansing lotion by organic skincare can be purchased from Hollands and Barrats for £5.25, it's a gentle lotion using natural organic ingredients. It cleanses very well and is actually Lisa Eldrige's recommendation. Or I just use a nice fresh scrub or face wash e.g. the apricot scrub.
 
Toner
I use the lush Eau Roma water toner which can also be used a spot of hydration throughout the day, its again very gentle. I like that its a spray without faffing about looking for cotton pads. can be used on even on those with sensitive skin cost 3.95 from Lush and has rose water that calms redness as well as lavender water that balances and softens the skin. 

Serum
If my skin is feeling quite spotty or I can feel them breakouts I like to use my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (I love this stuff, highly recommend!!) I use it like a serum under my moisturiser both day and night. I have seen my skin improve with this. This can be purchased from boots for £15.50 and there are always good offers on. This is aimed for oily blemish-prone skin but again even those sensitive skin types can use it, I mean I have dry skin and it's perfectly fine on me. This reminds me I actually need to repurchase a new one as mine is coming to an end but still trying to squeeze out the last bit of quantity haha
 
Spot Treatment
Again optional if there are spots, simple spot zapper, I just use it to dab it on the spots, it has a cooling sensation has chamomile. This stuff actually works, I notice the spot reduced in size. Although I use the Effaclar Duo, I use this on the spot itself, you can buy from Savers for 2 or £3.99 or  boots sell this for £5.49
 
 
Moisturiser
For moisturising, as I have quite dehydrated skin, I really like using the Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief.. I was using the Origins Ginzing moisturiser which I thought was too light in consistency and didn't do much, although it's only been a month or two that I have been using the Clinique moisturiser, I do really like it and it's one I will repurchase unless I find a cheaper alternate. It's thick but once on the skin it sinks in quick, and when you put it on a noticeable hydration sinks in like someone literally splashed some hydration on your face! Haha. I also tried the kiels ultra facial cream which has 24hour lasting hydration but I still prefer this over that. retails for £34, you can buy it in Boots and department stores
 
 
Eye Cream
Lastly one step that most people miss out or think it's not that important but when your in your 20's you should start using an eye cream. This is essential as the skin under our eye is very delicate and thin. The Kiels creamy eye treatment is perfect as it has avocado which is excellent for under the eyes, dark circles, lines. John Lewis sell this for £20, you can also buy from other department stores and Kiels own store.
 
 
Lip balm
Oh nearly forgot lip balm, of course I have lots of different ones including drugstore ones, however I love  Dior crème de rose lip balm a lot and it's by far my favourite, as my lips tend to blister is I use lip balms (wierdly) this one makes my lips so soft! And perfect for lipstick costing £20 and can buy from Debenhams and other department stores and Boots.
 
 
 
I think I will post my night routine separately as this post has become quite long haha, I need an SPF so if you guys know any good one please recommended below, I don't mind drugstore or high end as long as it's good xx
 

Thanks for reading dolls, 
Yasmin

 
 

Don't forget to follow and subscribe!

3 comments :

  1. The Clinique moisturiser is amazing- I'm just sad it's so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sadly it is however i believe you should invest in skincare as you only get one face :) more then makeup your base should be good x

      Delete
  2. Hi, I saw your comment on my blog asking to swap buttons and I would like to. I'm adding your button to my blog now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and leaving a comment beautiful. Love reading them!
Have a lovely day! Yasmin xx